lout-users

Re: Horizontal bracket trouble

From: Daren Scot Wilson
Subject: Re: Horizontal bracket trouble
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 23:51:32 -0700

So maybe my PDFs are fine but I just can't see so?

I'll email the PDF to myself at work where I can try it on a different OS and viewer.

- Daren

On 08/07/2017 04:18 AM, Valery Ushakov wrote:
On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 03:43:38 -0700, Daren Scot Wilson wrote:

But ps2pdf, I'm not so impressed by.  In several places I use a horizontal
curly bracket to indicate a section of an expression. It looks good when
viewed in the Postscript file produced by Lout.  But when I make a PDF by
running ps2pdf, it's transformed into boxes of the type for when a glyph
can't be found.   This is on an Arch Linux machine with plenty of RAM, fast
CPU, etc.
[...]
This is likely a problem in ps2pdf, not Lout, but maybe experienced Louters
(?) have seen something like this before, involving turning something 90
degrees.   Does anyone know of a workaround?
Works for me here on Ubuntu 16.04

evince tells me that there are embedded subsets of Times-*, but that
Symbol is not embedded, substituted with $free_alternative from
/usr/share

Symbol is one of the 14 standard Adobe fonts, so most likely your pdf
viewer installation is missing somthing.

-uwe

--
Daren Scot Wilson
Gresham Oregon