lout-users

Re: forward references

From: Valery Ushakov
Subject: Re: forward references
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 05:46:52 +0300

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 11:28:00 -0700, kevinbanjo wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to do a letter template that incorporates a footer
> which includes the sender's name and an abbreviated of the
> "regarding" field (see attached) but its giving me errors such
> things are not yet defined.  How do I tell lout to use my values
> when it doesn't/can't know them yet?

Lout standard packages use "galleys" for this.  I'm afraid that
requires reading the relevant parts of the Expert's Guide.

You can also find a couple of short examples of scoping rules in my
very old mails:

http://www.stderr.spb.ru/~uwe/lout/essays/496.scoping.txt
http://www.stderr.spb.ru/~uwe/lout/essays/636.scoping.txt

In your specific case you can probably use something like the
following.  Invoke @Document inside your @MyLetter definition in a
context that you control with @Open, then you can pass the values from
@MyLetter parameters to @OddTop &c directly.

# ----8<-- LegalLetterMailPS.lt ----8<-----