lout-users

Re: Is it possible to have a PDF table of contents list?

From: Wolfram Kahl
Subject: Re: Is it possible to have a PDF table of contents list?
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 09:09:35 -0500

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 08:19:13AM +0000, Mark Summerfield wrote:
> I'm creating a course made from slides using @Lecture and @Overhead.
>
> In my PDF viewer it can show the page thumbnails in a vertical panel,
> but it does not show a table of contents list in a vertical panel. (I
> don't need/want a generated table of contents slide, since I want manual
> control of that.)
>
> I _think_ this may be a Bookmarks list, but neither the user guide nor
> the expert guide mention bookmarks.

As far as I know, this does not depend on Lout-the-program,
but only on the library (.../lout/include) which you can extend yourself:
You'd need to find out what to write into the Lout-generated
PostScript so that your PostScript-to-PDF converter (in my case
`ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress') generates the desired PDF features.

Hope this helps!

Wolfram