ltib

Re: [Ltib] Where does LTIB find /opt/freescale/pkgs as where to look for

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Where does LTIB find /opt/freescale/pkgs as where to look for source/patch files?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:53:29 +0000

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 22:24 -0800, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2008, at 11:55 AM, Peter Barada wrote:
>

> > I'm trying to figure out where in LTIB it decides to use /opt/
> > freescale/pkgs for the place to find source and patches?  I know
> > about %ldir in .ltibrc, and pfx in the spec file, but even after
> > changing those, it still looks in /opt/freescale/pkgs.
> >
> > Where does LTIB get the information from?  Is it hard-coded in one
> > of the utilities and is all but impossible to change?
>

> Hi Peter,
> Luckily, these paths are coded in the Perl code...
>
> cd $TOP
> grep '/opt/freescale/pkgs' ./* bin/* | egrep -v '(\.svn|CVS)' | less
>

> I don't think that pfx in the spec files makes any difference; it's
> just used during the RPM building, and so would just appear in the
> paths in the RPM.

Correct, the %pfx in the spec files are just there for safety so you
can't accidentally try to install on your host.

In the Savannah version of LTIB, /opt/freescale/pkgs is used as a source
path because of the following entry in .ltibrc:

%ldirs
/var/tmp/pkgs
/opt/freescale/pkgs

The idea is that if you already have a BSP from Freescale that has
content in /opt/freescale/pkgs, this is used rather than unnecessarily
re-downloading the same thing to /opt/ltib/pkgs.

Regards, Stuart