lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] conn->mbox_threads_waiting variable is never initialized.

From: Karol Domagalski
Subject: [lwip-devel] conn->mbox_threads_waiting variable is never initialized.
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 17:03:57 +0100

Dear LwIP developers

My program stucks in busy loop in the netconn_mark_mbox_invalid function (in the src/api/api_msg.c file). This is because conn->mbox_threads_waiting is set to random value. This problem only appears if MEMP_MEM_MALLOC is set 1 (in lwipopts.h file).

As I can see conn->mbox_threads_waiting is never initiated to known value. After adding this in the netconn_alloc function :
#if LWIP_NETCONN_FULLDUPLEX
  conn->mbox_threads_waiting = 0;
#endif
Problem seems to be solved.

The problem does not appear when MEMP_MEM_MALLOC is set to 0 because the memory pools are used instead of the heap. Typically, each system sets these pools to zero during startup.

Regards

--
Karol Domagalski
Software-Hardware Engineer