lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip on pico_w

From: Christoph M. Wintersteiger
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip on pico_w
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 10:53:48 +0100

Hi Edward,

Great to hear that your panics have gone away!

I don’t think this is properly documented. Core locking is described briefly here: https://www.nongnu.org/lwip/2_1_x/group__lwip__opts__lock.html

The tricky bit is that the pico SDK uses lwIP for the wifi ( “cyw43” is the wifi chip) and the documentation doesn’t tell you how that part of lwIP is configured. It so happens that it requires applications to take the lock, but the MQTT client application doesn’t support that (and LOCK_TCPIP_CORE doesn’t do anything either). I think it would be a good idea to add that to the MQTT client, but I haven’t had the time to do so myself. Similarly, it would also be a good idea to improve at least the documentation of the pico SDK!

Cheers,

Christoph