LYNX-DEV Re: Amaya

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Amaya
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 20:49:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       Does it support the HTML 3.0 markup that was dropped from the
> W3C's so-called 3.2 simply because Netscape and MicroSoft didn't support
> it, e.g., TAB, FIG, BANNER, PLAIN for UL, CONTINUE for OL?

No, as far as I can tell. I was wrong about "structure view" befeore. It does
show the text, but it's streched among tags and I didn't even notice it.
That view is the best and source view I've seen, it just takes a little to
adjust to it. I wrote the test document that begins with TITLE, no HTML, HEAD
or BODY. Valid tags and attributes are shown in blue, invalid in red.

Amaya inserted HTML and HEAD at the beginning, then put my TITLE, then put
BANNER in red. The image that was contained in IMG in banner does not stay on
top.  BODY is inserted after the banner. Then comes FIG, but it is not even
shown in the structure view. The image in its SRC is not displayed, but the
ASCII in PRE which is contained in FIG is. Next comes UL in blue, but PLAIN
is red and bullets are displayed.

Then comes TAB INDENT=20 in red and TAB ALIGN=RIGHT in red. Ignored by the
rendering engine. Then comes OL in blue, Amaya inserted START=1 in blue, but
CONTINUE is shown in red.

And then, at the end of the document, all in red:
</banner>
<fig src="Dave.gif">
</fig>

Closing tags are not normaly shown for recognized elements.

Now let's see what happens if I put HEAD and BODY in it. Ummm... It has no
reload button. Amaya is an editor primary, when you click somewhere once
you put a cursor there, clicking twice activates URL. Unix mouses usually
have three buttons. Oh, well...

they are all still red and have no effect on rendering.

I suppose that HTML 3.0 is dead and burried. Wonder what will become of math
support.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

address@hidden