Re: LYNX-DEV bug

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bug
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 09:41:33 -0400

What kind of option do you have in mind?

When a program is broken, the only options i know of are:

1. avoid the behavior that causes the break (the old "Doctor, it hurts when
I do this...Then don't _do_ that...That will be $35 please..." syndrone)

2. upgrade the software so that you don't have the problem any longer.

3. live with the problem.

4. in a _few_ cases, change the environment that causes the problem.  Since
I don't keep old versions of lynx around, I am not sure which bug you
might be encountering, but I doubt that
there's much you will be able to do in terms of getting Tcrumpt to change
his/her page - there aer so many things wrong with this page, interms
of unknown attributes, illegal values for tags, overlapping elements, etc.
that it seems unlikely that she/he would be willing to fix the
site.