Re: LYNX-DEV Is Your Web Site A Secret?

From: Rob Puller
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Is Your Web Site A Secret?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 19:41:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996 address@hidden wrote:

> Is your web site the best kept secret on the Internet?
>
> We'll post your site to 50 search engines/indexes for $85
> and complete the job in two business days.
>
> Please respond for details or call 914-278-4933.
>
> -Julie
>
> ===Web Promotions=====Press Releases=====Link Exchanges=========
>                  Owl's Eye Productions, Inc.
>                    260 E. Main Street
>                    Brewster, NY 10509

EXPLETIVE!

These people fall into the same category as telephone solicitors, baby
rapers, murderers, and others described by Arlo Guthrie in "Alice's
Restaurant", all of whom I feel should be dealt with in a severe
right wing manner, despite my humanitarian leanings.  Hell, I'll post Lynx's
address to "many" search engines if that is desired; but, I thought that the
"<META NAME= ... "> construct was supposed to allow the "SOFTBOTS" to do
this for us.  Am I right/left/correct?

Rob Puller          Consulting Engineer, Gainesville, Florida
<address@hidden>   http://www.afn.org/~rpuller/

;
;