LYNX-DEV Lynx2-6RP-color bug ?

From: JOHNLIM
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx2-6RP-color bug ?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 96 12:56:00 +0800

Hi !

Rob, can you check this out please...

If I use the shell command (! keystroke), this is what happens :

Spawning your default shell.  Use 'exit' to return to Lynx.
bash$ exit
exit
Syntax Error parsing STYLE in configuration file:
[HR]
The line must be of the form:
STYLE:<element>:MONO:COLOR (ie STYLE:em:bold:brightblue,white)
unix:~$

Lynx quits just like that... here's what's in my lynx.cfg :

STYLE:FIG:normal:brown
STYLE:CAPTION:reverse
STYLE:BLOCKQUOTE:normal:cyan
STYLE:HR:normal:brown

I also noticed that the error is trying to parse the _last_ STYLE line in
lynx.cfg, e.g. if I shuffle the above lynx.cfg to

STYLE:FIG:normal:brown
STYLE:CAPTION:reverse
STYLE:HR:normal:brown
STYLE:BLOCKQUOTE:normal:cyan

the error would then be

Syntax Error parsing STYLE in configuration file:
[BLOCKQUOTE]
The line must be of the form:
STYLE:<element>:MONO:COLOR (ie STYLE:em:bold:brightblue,white)
unix:~$

since BLOCKQUOTE is the last STYLE definition.

Any ideas ? Normal Lynx2-6RP browsing works fine.

Here's a suggestion - is it possible to make your STYLE parsing routines
able to recognise spaces and other characters ? Then the definitions below
would work according to the HTML standard :)

STYLE:FONT COLOR="#FF0000":normal:brightredSTYLE:FONT
COLOR="#00FF00":normal:greenSTYLE:FONT COLOR="#0000FF":normal:brightblue

Thanks.

---
 John Lim Eng Hooi [CoSysOp, Cyber City BBS +603-7587400] * ClubWin M'sia
 Email address@hidden Web [http://www.cyberhq.net.my/johnlim]
 [ I got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory. ]

;
;