Re: LYNX-DEV DOS, DOS and Windows

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DOS, DOS and Windows
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 08:28:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:

> If you or someone esle begins serious work on a Win32 version, if it's
> done properly, it will run on NT, 95, and 3.1 with Win32s installed.  I
> just wanted to bring this up since there have been several people mention
> a Win32 port only running on 95...

Well...if you say so.  I know that Wolverine's ftp for WFWg runs in
console mode, but I read that a normal win32 application for win3.x
couldn't be compiled for console mode.  I personally wouldn't want to
create a GUI version of Lynx--I really, really like the ability of making
a win95 DOS box full screen to run plain text tcp apps (and don't forget
the users of dos text reader programs!).  Comparable GUI fonts are FAR
slower to refresh the screen and that makes the whole thing pointless for
me. Also, there isn't a 32 bit dial-up stack for win3.x.

Did I miss anything?

Wayne

;
;