Re: LYNX-DEV Re: DOS, DOS and Windows

From: Doug Lawson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: DOS, DOS and Windows
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 13:57:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       NULL should be defined in the compiler's headers (stdio.h) as
> 0 with a void pointer type cast:
>
>       #define NULL ((void *) 0)
>
>       How does Borland C define it?
>
>                               Fote

from version Borland C++ v4.5:

from stdlib.h:
        #ifndef NULL
        #include <_null.h>
        #endif

from _NULL.H:

        #ifndef NULL
        #  if !defined(__FLAT__)
        #    if defined(__TINY__) || defined(__SMALL__) || defined(__MEDIUM__)
        #      define NULL    0
        #    else
        #      define NULL    0L
        #    endif

        #  else
        #    if defined(__cplusplus) || defined(_Windows)
        #      define NULL 0
        #    else
        #      define NULL ((void *)0)
        #    endif
        #  endif
        #endif

I don't have v5.0 handy as I write this.  However, what's here  indiocates
that the problem might with the DOS/WIN memory models - for models LARGE,
COMPACT and HUGE it looks like they expect a long for integer-to-pointer
casts, so maybe
  source = HTAnchor_findChildAndLink(me->node_anchor, 0L, action, 0L);
would do the trick.

Doug

;
;