Re: LYNX-DEV Re: DOS, DOS and Windows

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: DOS, DOS and Windows
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 17:14:12 -0500 (EST)

Wayne Buttles <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
>>      This kind of thing is why I think it would be a good idea
>> to spend the couple hours with an editor replacing all the K&R
>> macros in the current LYFoo and libwww-FM modules with ANSI C
>> format and seeing how many of the supported Unix flavors are
>> affected (shouldn't be a problem for any of the VMS compilers).
>>

>Does that mean changing:
>
>PUBLIC int foo ARGS2 (int,foo1,int,foo2)
>
>with
>
>extern int foo(int foo1, int foo2)

        That's the basic idea, though that conversion is incorrect.
The point is that the W3C Reference Library has changed from K&R
to ANSI C, and has changed from it's former platform/flavor #ifdef'ing
to autoconf'ing, so it seems like this is a good time to do the
equivalent conversion for Lynx as a whole, as well.

                                Fote