Re: LYNX-DEV blank page with 2.6

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV blank page with 2.6
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 18:30:25 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Tom Hall) wrote:
>The URL http://world.compuserve.com comes up blank on:
>  Lynx 2.6 on SunOS.
>  Lynx 2.6 (compiled for SunOS) on Solaris.
>  Lynx 2.4 on SunOS.
>but on Lynx 2.4 compiled for Solaris, it works OK.
>
>If I type the SOURCE key, I see the source in all cases.
>Can anyone else see this URL with 2.6 ?

        Toggle on "minimal" comment parsing.  Use the 'k'eymap command
to find the two command keys for "troggling" among "historical",
"minimal" and "valid".  Read the "Keep Your Comments Legal" link in
the online 'h'elp to understand valid comment structure, and compare
it with what you see in the SOURCE for that URL.

        In general, the recommendation is to set "minimal" comment
parsing as the default via your lynx.cfg, since that emulates what
current versions of Netscape are doing (invalidly), and thus mainly
what the real world throws at Lynx.

                                Fote