Re: LYNX-DEV Ugly page.

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Ugly page.
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 21:43:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Duncan Hill wrote:

> Have a peek at http://www.enterprise.net
> Very Lynx unfriendly.  Will be dropping them a polite email, "suggesting"
> that they consider ALT tags, and a non-frames main page.  I may have 2.6,
> but a lot of people don't ...

Or at least a NOFRAMES section.  I just checked the URL in question, and
it looked fine (despite the ISMAP near the bottom).  Could they have
responded that quickly?

On frames, though, I hate Netscape's frame example.  In the NOFRAMES
section, they put something to the effect of "You are using a frames
challenged browser..." rather than something useful like "Here is our non
frame version." with an appropriate link.  I've been to several pages that
copied Netscape's example including the sample text!  Others changed it to
something equally useless... sigh...

Hey, maybe we should have registered browser.org as "The HTML Evangelical
Society".  Our motto: "Dedicated to ridding the world of bad HTML." ;)