LYNX-DEV Link text invisible when selected

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Link text invisible when selected
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 11:01:48 -0400 (EDT)

  From: address@hidden

  As of a few days ago I have developed two problems using Lynk 2.6:
  -when my cursor is on hypertext it goes blank on my screen and i have to
  move off to view - this is very annoying.
  -when i click on a graphic file to download it says that it can't be
  displayed on my screen - it used to set me up for a download

  I've been using the web for a year & a half and can't image what caused this
  change.  Any ideas?  I'm using QL2FAX as my communication software.

I think that you are going to have to get the attention of
whoever maintains the erie.net system(s).

The first problem smells like something has been changed in how
the system tells Lynx about your terminal capabilities.  Or else
the Lynx installation has been changed to support color and your
terminal emulator somehow has a white-on-white color for the
option used for the selected link.

I don't know what could break the "download or cancel?" prompt.
But If you haven't changed anything, you probably need to find
out who has.

Given that this probably involves the terminal adaptation, the
full nine yards of configuration information i.e. precise versions
for Lynx, host OS, and curses/slang library will be of interest
to diagnose the problem.

Al Gilman
;
;