LYNX-DEV lynx -

From: Sven Guckes
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx -
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 1996 19:55:55 +0200

Hi!

I am trying to use lynx as a filter to produce a text version of a HTML page.
"lynx -help" tells me that I can specify the option "-"

        $ lynx -help
        USAGE: lynx [options] [file]
        Options are:
            -                receive the arguments from stdin (enclose
                             in double-quotes ("-") on VMS)
        [...]

But when I try this I get an error message:

        $ lynx -dump - < file
        lynx: Invalid Option: -

For now I got it working like this:

        $ lynx -dump file://localhost/`pwd`/file

But I'd rather use the option "-".
So - how do I use lynx to dump a HTML page to a file?

Sven
;
;