Re: LYNX-DEV lynx -

From: Sven Guckes
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx -
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 1996 00:30:00 +0200

Quoting Hiram Lester, Jr. (address@hidden):
> >     Options are:
> >         -                receive the arguments from stdin (enclose
> >                          in double-quotes ("-") on VMS)
> Note that it receives the *arguments* from stdin.  This means that
> whatever can appear on the command line can come from stdin.

OK, I got that now.  mea culpa

> The following will work:
> $ lynx -
> -dump
> http://www.mtsu.edu
>                    <-- press EOF character here (^D for Unix, ^Z for VMS)
> Make sense now? :)

Yes, it does.

Still - I wonder what the reasons are for not being able to use Lynx as a
filter (prog | lynx > output) or specify a filename other than using "file://".

        lynx -dump -file filename > output              "filename as parameter"
        program | lynx -dump      > output              "filter"

Sven
;
;