Re: LYNX-DEV crashes from within screen

From: Walter Skorski
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV crashes from within screen
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:39:12 -0500 (EST)

Mike Teague writes:

> I run screen sometimes, and just noticed that lynx apparently does not
> like it... From within screen, lynx will load, the homepage (a local
> file) will load, and it will crash:

I have a similar problem here which I still haven't resolved.  There
are so many differences in my situation vs. yours, tho, that the best
I can offer is to compare notes and see if the common points ring a
bell in somebody else's head.

First off, I'm running Interactive Unix 4.0.  Second, Interactive
(ISC) doesn't come with a multiple screen utility, so I use a similar
program called "dscreen" that came with our DigiBoard card.  Third,
running Lynx under "dscreen" doesn't crash, but does cause something
to pause for input at inappropriate times, thereby appearing to hang;
i.e. it'll get stuck at "Received 123 of 12345 bytes of data.", and
I'll have to keep hitting "~" or some other nonsense key to keep it
rolling.  Lastly, and most bizarre, I get the same behavior from Lynx
when accessing our machine via modem or telnet, even without running
"dscreen".

This, along with problems running ncurses on ISC, have led me to
beleive that there's something seriously weird in the select() on
here.

--
.    iksrokS retlaW<>Walter Skorski    ..        address@hidden         .
 Computer Administrator, Div. of Medical Genetics, Thomas Jefferson University

;