Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005

From: Filip M Gieszczykiewicz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2-6RP-color-Mb005
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:51:52 -0600 (CST)

You (Audin Malmin) wrote:
> >                              7. Changes from 0.05
> >     1. Added "status line" manner of adding bookmarks - the menu is still
> >        available, only a '=' keypress away. This will save screen redraw
> >        times and will be faster anyways. This option is activated when
> >        user level is "Advanced".
>
> I want to know why you choose '='...  Wouldn't '?' be far more intuitive?
> I mean, I suppose for people who use Word Perfect all the time '=' would be
> natural (as ALT-= gives you the menu bar in WP) but for anyone else....

Greetings. Mainly because it already does something "local" when pressed
in browsing mode (it will give you "Information about the current document")
whereas the "?" will try to fetch the Lynx HELP URL...

But, feel free to re-map it to something else :-) If there is demand, I will
make it a define option in userdefs.h

Take care.
;
;