Re: LYNX-DEV is lynxrp.zip working for others?

From: Rob Partington - Admin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV is lynxrp.zip working for others?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 09:56:30 +0000 (GMT)

Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> Downloaded http://lynx.browser.org/rp/rp/lynxrp.zip yesterday.
> Had trouble compiling because of the `$(STYLE).o' line in
> `src/Makefile'.  Adding the line `            STYLE=NCStyle'
> to my target of the top-level Makefile did not work.  I had
> to manually edit `src/Makefile'.

Which platform was this on?  This sounds like a serious problem with
your make program.

> I neither got color (TERM=ansi or linux), nor, more seriously
> since you can't navigate, did my usual vi keys `j' or `k' work
> with the binary.  Strangely, `h' and `l', and numbers worked.

Without more details as to platform, os, compiler etc, I can't really
do anything to help on this.

> While I'm at it, I wonder is there really any advantage to having
> styles support for slang?  Slang works great in its own way
> already. The only thing I feel a need for is compatability with
> doing a plain slang make with the character styles for ncurses
> worked into the code.

Well, if you like the vanilla slang colour, then stick with that.  I prefer
having more control over the colours displayed on my screen.  I'm just
picky I guess...  :-)
--
Rob Partington / Netlink Sysadmin / address@hidden / 25y053d
Visit Mullet Watch International: http://www.mullet.org.uk/