Re: LYNX-DEV downloading docs to local directory

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV downloading docs to local directory
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 12:04:36 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Culhane wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I want to download pictures and docs from the web to my local directory
> on my unix account.  At the moment when I try to download
> filesThey are downloaded to another directory on the
> Unix system which does not exist.  How do I change the default directory
> to my local  directory.

??
What's that nonexisting directory called?

Normally Lynx puts files that are 'd'ownloaded by default into whatever
directory was the current one when Lynx was started.  You can also
specify a different directory at the 'd'ownload command's "Enter a
filename:" prompt.  But just doing a `cd' command to your local directory
should put 'd'ownloaded files, by default, in that directory.

This won't work if you call Lynx by way of a script file, which in turn
is calling the Lynx binary after cd'ing to some other directory.
So check whether what you call when you type `lynx' (or whatever) is
a shell script which is doing such a thing.

  Klaus

;
;