Re: LYNX-DEV downloading docs to local directory

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV downloading docs to local directory
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:07:59 -0500

> In a recent note, Culhane said:
>
> > filesThey are downloaded to another directory on the
> > Unix system which does not exist.  How do I change the default directory

> just the current working directory when you execute lynx.  Is it possible
> that your admins have wrapped lynx in a script that does a cd?

But how would that work?  If lynx always using the working directory of the
machine where it's started, then that directory will always exist.  There are
only two ways I know of for the described behavior to occur:

1. After lynx is started, something deletes the current directory, or
2. On certain machines which do auto_mounting of NFS file systems, there
is an auto-unmount when a period of time goes by without any reading or
writing to the directory.

If this is the case of 1, it's very strange.

If this is the case of 2, which I think is more likely, then the user should
make sure there is a read or write operation done against a file in that
directory on a regular basis.  Is there a way to configure Lynx to write
it's history of visited links out on a regular basis or something?

;