Re: LYNX-DEV XLynx

From: Egor Egorov
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV XLynx
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 19:05:28 -0300 (GMT+3)

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:

> What do you have in mind for X Lynx?

> For instance, on the patch page is a patch that allows one in an rxvt
> or color xterm window to select links via the mouse.  With either of the
> color schemes available via patches one can produce color that is used
> by rxvt or color xterm.  With an appropriately set mailcap, images can
> be displayed, videos played and sounds played.

No, thats not good. xterm is huge, rxvt not-so, but big enough. Why not just
open separate window, and then write text in it. I think, no images needed,
but fonts will be nice. But only those ones, that are supported by lynx. For
example, in lynxrc we can tell what colors we want to see. I think, it would
be nice to tell the styles too. oh my english.. ;-)

> Larry W. Virden                 INET: address@hidden

;
;