Re: LYNX-DEV patch to make "=" page "live" (revised "patch 11")

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV patch to make "=" page "live" (revised "patch 11")
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 20:28:27 +0100 (MET)

Bela Lubkin wrote:
> This is a patch to make the Information Page (normally reached by
> hitting "=") have active links instead of just passively showing the
> URLs of the current page and link.
>
> This version is more careful about not presenting a POST URL in an
> unusable form.  It should only display POST URLs without making them
> "live".

It doesn't work for certain cases. You should change all quotes in URL to
&qt; entity. For example, this is a problem:

<A HREF='watch"out"dude.html'>Link to me</A>!

And I have a wish list, of course. Having all those URLs from LINK tags on
Information page would be nice. Things like <LINK REL=next HREF="foo.html">.
The user should be able to select whether he wants them on the top of the
page and on Information page or only on Information page. I know, there is no
place on Options page. That code needs rewriting ASAP.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

address@hidden
address@hidden