LYNX-DEV no_proxy vs. ftp://userid:address@hidden/

From: Paul Gilmartin
Subject: LYNX-DEV no_proxy vs. ftp://userid:address@hidden/
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 1996 22:50:45 -0700 (MST)

Hello, Lyncei,

I've stumbled on a peculiar behavior in Lynx 2.6; none of
the published patches applied:

With "host" in my no_proxy list, I try the URLs:

    ftp://address@hidden/
    ftp://userid:address@hidden/

The first URL (correctly) bypasses the proxy; the second (incorrectly)
uses the proxy.

I've traced this, I believe, to code in HTAccess.c:

    if (NULL != (p = strchr(host, ':'))) {      /* Port specified */
        *p++ = 0;                               /* Chop off port */
        port = atoi(p);
    } else {                                    /* Use default port */

which mistakes the colon separating the userid from the password
for a colon separating the host from a port.

(or perhaps it's that:

    if (!(host = HTParse(addr, "", PARSE_HOST)))
        return NO;

returns "userid:password" as part of the host).

Would a better C coder than I volunteer to fix this?

(There's a slight probability this is a result of private
changes to HTFTP.c -- very slight, because http URLs seem
to follow the same path, and I haven't done anything to HTTP.)

Thanks,
gil
;
;