Re: LYNX-DEV using mail feature

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV using mail feature
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 07:21:40 -0800

Tom --

I work at SCO, and I also do a bit of Lynx development work.  I can
help.

I'll need to know some things.  SCO makes several operating systems and
each has multiple versions.  They are probably running SCO Unix or
OpenServer.  Run `uname -X` to get its version.

Run `lynx -version` to get Lynx's version.  Show me exactly what it
says.  Many versions and variants of Lynx run on SCO systems.

Show me the output of `l /usr/lib/sendmail`.  This will tell me which of
SCO's mail systems they are using (MMDF or sendmail -- unless they've
replaced both with something else like smail).

I don't think this discussion is going to be interesting to the Lynx
developers' list, so please reply only to me.  I'll followup to the list
later with the resolution.

>Bela<

(all quoted material below)

Tom D. Baccanti wrote:

> I am a blind user of lynx and have a problem.  My internet
> provider is not trying to fix our lynx problems and I need to
> help them out a little.
>
> We are using a version of unix called "sco".  We are running a
> version of lynx called the development version.  This is what
> they say the only one that will run properly on our unix.
>
> problem is this:  when at web sites and using the mail to
> feature I write my message and prepare to send and it bounces
> and puts the message in a file on my shell account called
> dead.letter.  The error message is something about no recipient
> specified.
>
> I need help for these guys and I also need to get this fixed so
> myself and 20 other blind users can access the WWW.
;
;