Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug -- relative paths in FTP

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug -- relative paths in FTP
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 1996 20:23:17 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Paul Gilmartin) wrote:
>[...]
>Lynx, however, decodes the entire URL, then separates it into the components,
>breaking it incorrectly at any "/" that was encoded.  As far as I know,
>the only effects of this are to cause some invalid VM/CMS paths erroneously
>to appear valid, and to cause unnecessary multiple CWD commands on VMS.)

        The are no slashes in VMS path specs, and thus none that would need
to be hex escaped.  You are misintepreting the VMS ftp gateway code.  Those
CWDs are checking various guesses about the different kinds of VMS file
system logicals that might be present in the hierarchy of URL symbolic
elements.

                                Fote