LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?

From: gregory j. rosmaita
Subject: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:42:48 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote "Re: LYNX-DEV Bookmarks -
a better idea (?)":
> One of the things that _I_ wish for is more lynx support of multiple curses
> windows.  We sort of have that now for scrolling lists on forms.  Perhaps
> the bookmarks could be implemented as 'popup' windows that go away once
> one is finished.

pop up windows are extremely annoying to many speech-users and low-vision
users of screen-magnification...  one of the major requests of blind and
vi individuals who ask me to reformat poorly encoded/designed forms is to
get rid of the damn scrolling lists...  therefore, when it comes to
something as essential as multiple bookmarks it is essential that it be
kept simple, plain, and painless...

why not use shift-V?  it has the advantage of already being identified
with the bookmark file (as in go-to-bookmark)

so why not define shift-V as go-to-list-of-bookmark-files?

gregory.