Re: LYNX-DEV Multi-Bookmarks 007 for grabs

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Multi-Bookmarks 007 for grabs
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 06:45:15 -0800

Suggestion for multi-bookmarks:

   Maintain a file "bmf.nam" (BookMarkFiles.nam, ie a file containing the NAMES
of
    the various bookmark files), and keep this file in the CURRENT directory
(that lynx
    was run from).

WHY:

   for egrep:   egrep -i foo `cat bmf.nam`
    so you can still find things.

  What I do currently, with just the one bookmark file, is rearrange it by hand
into
sections, each section headed by a dummy-url and title of section followed by
two colons
"::".  So I can grep for that, or (within lynx) search for them.

----

Would be nice someday for bookmark page (actually, ANY page) to be able
to do the VI command "g/foo/p", (eg g/::/p), and with a vi-like "numbers"
mode, be able to "goto" one of them.

Or (almost same thing) emacs' "MX occur" (same as MX list-matching-lines), again
with line-number for go-to.

----

I'll say again (and I'll keep saying it too) that emacs' "MX-<long-name>" would
be a great addition to lynx, because lynx has run out of keys.

Likewise "edit options", via some $EDITOR variable.

;
;