Re: LYNX-DEV Re: "This belongs in the documentation" suggestions

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: "This belongs in the documentation" suggestions
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 12:48:30 -0800

> From address@hidden Wed Nov  6 10:05:14 1996
> From: Al Gilman <address@hidden>
> Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: "This belongs in the documentation" suggestions
>
>   From: address@hidden (David Combs)
>
>   This too should go into some kind of "temp until fixed" user-doc.
>
> Pick a document.  Draft the insert.
>
> I know that at least in my case I am more likely to do something
> about it if you have taken the idea that far.
>
> Al Gilman
> ;

I have suggested "add this to the user-doc" for several items,
few of which email I "included" in MY email-msg.  So I am
not sure just what it was that I thought should be
documented.

Basically, I recall that in each case I thought the
email announcing the feature was good enough to BE the
documentation -- at least a crude first try.  Much better
than nothing at all.

Some of these things were pretty well written.  My unstated
idea was to just stuff that very thing into some doc file.
It could get cleaned up later (I could help do it).

As for myself actually documenting the feature, whatever
it might be, as I am absolutely no c-hacker, do not know
the essentials of html, cgi, etc, I am not the person
to do the original documentation.  However, I certainly
could help cleaning it up, once someone else got down
the basic facts of the thing(s).

Further, once I used it a bit, I could then add more
doc on hints and tricks.  But sitting here on netcom.com
as shell user, with not much disk space available,
not knowing how to compose diffs together, etc,
means I cannot easily get a version to test, until
someone puts up the newer version (ie, patches) here.

My home computer runs solaris, and I promise that I
have had a hard time getting ANYTHING much to "make"
without missing libraries, etc here.  (For my own
programming, the language I use, "mainsail", dynamically
loads its own modules, and doesn't even use make -- I
am NO EXPERT at all in these things).

David
;
;