Re: LYNX-DEV interesting note regarding lynx usage

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV interesting note regarding lynx usage
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 18:13:40 -0800

David Combs wrote:

> sending out notices of where to get 2.6 -- seems like a good idea.
>
> Something like:

[great text omitted...]

Ok, let's do it!

You got off to a good start, care to finish the letter?

Try to keep it really short -- you can put a URL in it linking to a
longer version for people who actually want to bother.

Then what we do is, again, collect Lynx version information from a few
of the sites we maintain; POOL IT; and send out a wave of upgrade
suggestions.

I emphasize POOL IT because if we all run off and do this for each of
our servers, a lot of zsite admins will get multiply harangued to
upgrade their Lynx.  Some will take the hint, but we'll also get a lot
of angry "don't bother me" response.  If they only get one, friendly,
helpful suggestion, I think we'll have a much better success rate.

>Bela<

PS: I will be off the list for the next 10 days, vacationing in Oregon.
;
;