LYNX-DEV The "Thanks for Lynx" page

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: LYNX-DEV The "Thanks for Lynx" page
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 09:27:49 -0700

Just a quick note about the "Thanks for Lynx" page I put up at:

    http://www.slcc.edu/lynx-book.html

I checked, and there are almost 170 people who have added their thanks to mine
on this page. They are from all parts of the globe. The page is tenth on our
site with respect to hits, having received over 1150 hits since it was put up
a month or two ago.

For those of you thinking along the lines of active Lynx Advocacy, this page
might be a usefull resource. Many of the people who have left thier thanks on
it are blind or visually impaired. A large portion mention the inability to
run graphical browsers due to low end equipment. Another large portion mention
having graphical browsers but prefering Lynx due to speed and the lack of
distracting images.

I think that any of you who have contributed to Lynx should feel very goood in
that your contribution has touched and improved a great many lives.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,