Re: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?

From: gregory j. rosmaita
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 12:45:16 -0500 (EST)

aloha, larry!

On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
> What I mean is that in some manner, either at compile or run time, we
> should consider providing a way to make lynx as easy to use for the
> speech synthesisers as possible - if we are going to use this segment
> of the internet as a bargaining chip when harassing sites to make them
> lynx compatible.

as i've stated ad nauseam, it <strong>must</strong> be at run time as the
number of speech users who've compiled lynx is a neglible percentage of
all speech users using lynx...

speech synthesis support and multiple bookmarks <strong>should</strong>,
nay <strong>must</strong>, be built into lynx, otherwise a blind user
who starts an account at an ISP who's chosen <strong>NOT</strong> to
compile for speech because, at compile time, the sys admin decided it was
a remote eventuality and merely a wast of disk space, is up the proverbial
creek without a white cane...

look at it this way--from the user logs, it is obvious that not a lot of
sys admins bother to regularly upgrade lynx, so why would they bother to
compile for speech?

gregory.