Re: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV why not use shift-V to access multiple bookmarks list?
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 12:50:36 -0500

Well, no changes we make now will help those folk whom are
'stuck' with sysadm's who refuse to update and
who have no disk space to compile their own.

So rather than talking about some mythical users, we need to look
over things in general.
It may be unrealistic to plan in this lifetime for lynx to be
rewritten to provide dynamic changing of looking and feel.
It might barely be realistic to find smaller subsets which can have
define's wrapped about them so that they can be compiled in or out.

Since we are dealing with unpaid volunteers, we must in the end be satisfied
with whatever features or implementations that they are willing to implement.

To date, no one has stepped forward to make _any_ changes specifically
to make lynx more speech compatible.  It might be more likely to find
someone to pay for everyone who needs their speech generator updated!
;