Re: LYNX-DEV Re: reorganizing the lynx-archive

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: reorganizing the lynx-archive
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 06:37:36 -0800

SUGGESTION: re lynx.cfg

How about a second option for lynx.cfg on cmd line: +cfg
  with the "+" implying that we want our local lynx.cfg
  to be ADDED ONTO the standard one.

That is, with the "+", it first reads in the standard one,
  THEN reads in the local one, overriding only those items
   specified by the local one.

(This means that there must be a way to turn OFF features
  that were turned ON by the standard one.  Maybe that's
  already there?)

the BENEFIT of this change is that on a system where the
administrator (someone other than the user) makes changes
to the standard lynx.cfg, the user gets the benefit of
those automatically.  Otherwise he has to keep looking
at the date of the standard one to see if it has changed
since he copied it to his own directory, has to diff it,
etc, etc.  This is much easier.
;
;