Re: LYNX-DEV Where's SSL patch, also '=' suggestion.

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Where's SSL patch, also '=' suggestion.
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 07:03:08 -0800

GOOD IDEA.  Some of these url's are so darn long that there
is no chance that you (me) can type them in correctly.  Give
the user whatever aid we can.

LIKEWISE: the "GoTo" command ("G"): why not leave the PRIOR
goto-url there as the default, back-uppable as above.  For those
who don't want it "this time", a one (two) key ^U gets rid of
it.

ALSO: Emacs has these circular lists of things (prior search strings,
etc) that the user can cycle through via Meta-N and Meta-P (where
"Meta" for most keyboards means "ESC", and N means "next", and
"P" means "prior").

There seems to be a variety of places where Lynx could use such
circular lists: search-patterns for "/", url's for "G", maybe (now)
lists of the bookmark-files, etc, etc.

So, my suggestion is that this be used for the "G" command.

(When one backspaces over the right-part of eg a url, I suppose
that should count as a "new" url, and be ADDED to the circular
list, rather than MODIFYING the original url).

;
;