Suggs. on Mail and Search commands.

From: Michael G. Rourke
Subject: Suggs. on Mail and Search commands.
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 16:50:32 -0700 (MST)

Hello:

I've been using Lynx on an HP-UX machine for about 11 months now.  I use
it to browse and search the WWW.  My environment is purely curses and Lynx
works great on my VT240.  In these 11 months I've found myself muttering
the following regarding mailing using the 'p' key command:

"Wouldn't it be nice if Lynx 'remembered' the last internet mailing
address entered (in this session) ?".

I use Lynx to mail pages to another node.  I may do this several times per
session.

One other thing that would be nice for Lynx to 'remember':

When I use the '/' to search,  Lynx should 'store' the last entered search
string.  In that way, the '/' becomes a FIND NEXT type of feature and
will reduce re-entering (probably the same) search string every time.

BTW, our version of Lynx here is 2.4.   I know 2.6 is the latest.

I really like Lynx.  Better than Netscape for text heavy stuff.

Thank you.

Mike Rourke  e-mail:  address@hidden