Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx updates

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx updates
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 01:52:37 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Drazen Kacar wrote:

> Lynx sources are huge. And without enough documentation. [snip]
>
> I suppose I could learn all [the details of the Lynx code] but it would
> take very big effort and time I don't currently have. And anyone else
> would have to pass through the same process. So, if possible,
> documentation please.

I have the same problem--maybe worse.  I have limited knowledge and time,
but high drive to see something work.  I end up either butchering
something to see it happen quickly, or giving up (ADD at its greatest ;-).

Is there any program that could at least give me part of this?  Like what
is being called where and from where?  It seems like a logical concept,
but I have pretty big holes in my coding knowledge so I am not sure what
is possible.

> I ran Lynx through Purify and Purify found some memory leaks, but I don't
> know where to patch the holes.

One of my semi-working test cases for Lynx on DOS used LYLeaks.  I
didn't get a lot of play time with it, but it really looked like it
could pinpoint memory leaks pretty well.  Am I off the mark on this one?

Wayne

;
;