Re: LYNX-DEV Multiple lynx.cfg files (was: reorganizing the lynx-archiv

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Multiple lynx.cfg files (was: reorganizing the lynx-archive)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 13:50:10 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, David Combs wrote:

> OK about multiple names on lynx.cfg= line, sounds good.
>
> But suppose both the standard file AND my local one have multiple
> names on the line?
>
> For THIS line, maybe the list-of-names should be concatenated, my
> local ones FOLLOWING the ones from the relative-to-me "standard" file.

I think you're getting confused here.  The lynx.cfg location is defined in
the userdefs.h which gets included in the binary at compile time.  It
doesn't appear in the lynx.cfg itself (what would be the point?).  The
only case that your argument might be needed is to decide whether a lynx
cfg specified by LYNX_CFG environment variable or -cfg command line
option should override the default path entirely or simply add on to it as
you suggest.  Probably the best methid would be to add on and if the user
wants to overridee everything, they can just include a copy of lynx.cfg
with their own settings.

Another thing to consider while this is being discussed is extending the
parsing of .lynxrc to allowing it to recognize lynx.cfg options so that 2
files would not be required...

I guess security issues are also being considered in these suggestions?