Re: LYNX-DEV misguided ideas?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV misguided ideas?
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 16:05:36 -0600 (CST)

> Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >So why don't we exchange messages on these things then?
> >Something like a micro mailing list, for questions occurring while
> >hacking the Lynx code?  [...]

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Foteos Macrides wrote in reply:
[ using my defintion of "YOU" from another mail ]

>       I think that discussing Lynx development outside of lynx-dev
> would be a misguided step further down the road of "YOU" ending up
> as "nobody" (even worse than creating a forward link for the current
> non-temporary document in the showinfo display 8-).

Could you explain _why_ you think that?

I didn't mean it as any kind of replacement, just an _additional_
channel.  Just an idea, I don't know if anybody is interested.

Since we know how you feel about those showinfo links, calling this even
more misguided must mean you think it is an extremely bad idea.  Then you
probably have good reasons for it.  Please explain.

(Is there any reason for bringing up the topic of showinfo links, other
than as a reference for the m-word?  If so, it was to subtle for me
to clearly understand.)

  Klaus

;
;