Re: LYNX-DEV [Q] SSL-lynx, libwww, I18N...

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV [Q] SSL-lynx, libwww, I18N...
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 08:54:29 -0500 (EST)

  From: Jung Joowon <address@hidden>

[no comment on legal issues surrounding SSL work in Korea]

  2. I realized that the most of SSL patch is concentrated on the patch
     of libwww. I guess that it is meaningful to make SSL patch of
     libwww 5.0a which is W3C's current version of libwww.

     My question is...
        Which version of libwww that lynx using?
        If it is not libww5.0a, is there any plan to change libwww in
        lynx to a new one?

Lynx is currently using its own libwww.  Rendezvous with the v.5 libwww
is something that Klaus Weide has been looking at, but it's a major
undertaking.  I think that a review of the last two months' discussion
at http://lynx.cc.ukans.edu/lynx-dev/ would give you some perspective
on this.

  3. A junior (friend in western(?) sense) of mine have tried to localized
     lynx. He made LYMessage_ko.h at first. But, some English messages remain.
     He tried to fix other files. Still remain. As a result, he modified
     almost all files in src directory. (He have worked with lynx2-6.
     lynxrp? He have never seen yet... If he knows about new version of
     lynx, he would get crazy... ^^; )

     Is there a plan to modulize for lynx messages such as PGP language
     module or using gettext() like call? If I want to participate
     modulization (hmm... it's a internationalization(I18N)?), how can
     I do it?

  4. I heard that there is a lynx (ftp) archive for developers. But,
     I don't know where it is. If I or some other person in Korea
     participate in development, is it better to make mirror site of
     developer's archive?

You can learn about the various archives by visiting http://lynx.browser.org/ .
Read the README files at the archives to see what each offers.

As far as modularization, i18n, etc -- subscribe to this list and bring
your results and your questions.

Al Gilman
;
;