Re: LYNX-DEV problem when page has only one input area

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem when page has only one input area
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 14:27:55 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487) wrote:
>> > The page in question is
>> >    http://www.ai.mit.edu/publications/bibliography/pubs-index.html
>>
>>      The HTML for that page is bad; there's no </FORM>.  Adding
>> either the </FORM>, or some other tag which implies the end of the
>> form (like <BODY>...</BODY>) fixes things.
>>

>Is there no way that Lynx could be 'improved' to treat the end of file
>while reading an HTML page as automatically closing any open constructs?

        I've already done that for FORM, and it will be in the next
lynx2-6mods.zip, but it's not as straightforward for some others,
and it interacts in complex ways with 'z'apping after some of
the document is received, such that only the received part is
rendered.  A global unwind of all open blocks could result in
crashes.

        I wish FORMs had been implemented with less simpleminded
assumptions about what Lynx will be confronting, but, sigh...

                                Fote