Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/bin_transfer

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/bin_transfer
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 01:25:01 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996 address@hidden wrote:

> I wonder how I can download a file in binary format?
> I want to download a .arj file but it gets D/L in text format.
> Any short key command and/or any deffault settings?

Try putting the cursor on the link and pressing 'd' instead of return or
the right arrow key.  This should tell it to download it and the copy
should be identical.  If the file ends in .arj, it probably indicates a
msconfiguration of the site you are getting it from that is not sending
the proper headers.  You should probably notify them.