LYNX-DEV META tag problem, lynx 2.6

From: Mark Westergaard
Subject: LYNX-DEV META tag problem, lynx 2.6
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 01:13:53 -0700 (MST)

I'm having a problem with lynx 2.6 and caching.  The platform is AIX 4.1.4
and I've applied the latest 2-6update.zip.  I noticed that a document that
uses a META tag to keep it from being cached, was not being reloaded when
it was revisited.  The same document (with small change noted below)
reloads properly with lynx 2.5.  Here's a simple cgi script named
"date.cgi" that demonstrates my problem:

  #!/bin/sh
  echo "Content-type: text/html"
  echo
  echo "<meta http-equiv='Cache-Control' content='no-cache'>"
  /bin/date
  echo "<a href=date.cgi>again!</a>"

I can follow the link forward or backward and get new output with lynx
2.5.  With lynx 2.6 it reloads when I go forward, but not when I go
backward (unless I exceed the value of the -cache option). I believe I
built 2.6 with the same options and settings as 2.5.  We use lynx on a
menu-based system and one of the screens has to be reloaded when you
return to it.  Does anybody have any idea where I may have gone wrong?
Thanks, Mark Westergaard

Note: The "content=' value for lynx 2.5 is "no_cache" rather than
"no-cache" (per src/HTML.c):

  echo "<meta http-equiv='Cache-Control' content='no_cache'>"

;
;