Re: LYNX-DEV Can Lynx do this?

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Can Lynx do this?
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 12:57:48 -0500 (EST)

Laurent Duperval <address@hidden> wrote:
>I would like to traverse a tree and dump the html sources to files.  I
>tried -crawl -traversal but the result is formatted.  Is this at all
>possible?  [...]

        No.  Lynx can't traverse without links, and there are no
links unless the text/html is rendered.

        Copying an http server's data tree as source files is not something
you should expect broadly distributed freeware to do, normally.  If you are
the server's WebMaster or sysadmin, you can do that with standard tools on
your system.  If you are not...

        If you have a reasonable number of particular files you want
as sources for mirroring, you can do that via a script.

                                Fote