LYNX-DEV The dummies guide to building lynx 2-6

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: LYNX-DEV The dummies guide to building lynx 2-6
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 13:40:05 -0500

Someone recently asked for the dummies guide.  I don't know about dummies
guide, but here is what I am currently doing.

1. unzip lynx2-6.zip
2. unzip 2-6update.zip  # Official patches
3. unzip -u lynx2-6mods.zip     # Fote's general patches
4. unzip -u lynx2-6ssleay.zip   # Fote's SSL patches.
5. gzcat lynx2-6RP.patch.gz| patch -p  # RP's color styles
6. cd lynx2-6
7. Edit Makefile, lynx.cfg, and userdefs.h to add local directories,
        www browser names, etc.
8. make solaris2-ncurses-color

At this point, I pretty much have the set of code built.  Other folks
may decide to skip a few of the patches, or do a make for some other
targe.
;