LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx2-6

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx2-6
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 13:05:39 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Arturo Guillen wrote:

> We have lynxs 2.3 BETA running for quite some time and we just upgrade to 2-6
> is currently on an ALPHA DEC 2000 AXP; When we try to run it says:
>
> Configuration file Lynx_Dir:lynx.cfg is not available.
>
> Does anybody has any idea? We would appreciate any hint.

That's funny.  I just got through replying to an almost identical problem
on another VMS system, so I'll just include edit that reply to fit your
case.

If the logical Lynx_dir: is not defined on your system, then you'll need
to define the lynx.cfg path in userdefs.h to be wherever you
have the lynx.cfg located.  Alternatively, you could put a line in your
system-wide login files (can't remember what they are on VMS) defining the
logical Lynx_dir: to point to the directory where lynx.cfg is located.

Be sure to use the new lynx.cfg included in the new distribution and make
any changes to it as required from your old lynx.cfg as a LOT has changed
since 2.3, and the old lynx.cfg is no longer adequate.