Re: LYNX-DEV Automatic Proxies?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Automatic Proxies?
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 19:52:36 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Dave Michelson wrote:

> Does Lynx support automatic proxies?
>
> If not, is there any chance that it will do so in the next version?

What are "automatic proxies"?

I assume that proxies are not discovered in a truely automatic way,
teh have to be configured _somewhere_.  So that term sounds more like
somebody's (Netscape's?) marketing-speak than an accurate description.

I know that proxies can be specified remotely (i.e. the definitions
are loaded from a URL) with Netscape Nav.  I don't know whether there
is an open technical description.

  Klaus

;
;