Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and JavaScript -Reply

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and JavaScript -Reply
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 02:00:22 -0700

Phwew! Philip, sorry about that! I am very glad to hear you are running those
scripts when the document is placed on the web site. With the talk of SSI and
psuedo HTML scripting, I thought you meant at the time the documents were
served. My apologies.

I can see a lot of advantages to how you are doing things. I wish something
like that would work on my site. As it is, I am starting to consider asking
the College to hire a flunky to work for me doing some of the coding for me.
I'm sure I could never get the other content providers to runs such scripts
for each page they put up. It's hard enough just getting them to use the site
wide common elements (Image at the top of document, background, and menu bar
at the bottom) that tie our site together. Worse yet trying to convince them
that they need alt strings in images (you should see the Phisics pages!) or
actually make all their links point to live pages! (Physics again as a counter
example!) It doesn't help that most of them have been there much longer than
my own seven months.

Scott

;
;